You are here
Discover Bordeaux INP
Created in 2009, Bordeaux INP groups together 5 internal schools and 3 partner schools.
These 8 public engineering graduate schools, members of the Bordeaux INP Nouvelle-Aquitaine Group, count 3,400 students and offer 19 engineering specialisations including 5 through apprenticeship programmes.
Bordeaux INP offers high-level initial, continuing or work-study programmes which are constantly evolving to best meet business's needs.
86% of Bordeaux INP's research professors carry out their research at 11 joint research laboratories* which support the schools' educational programmes.
Bordeaux INP also collaborates with INRIA on 7 joint project teams.
Since it was founded, Bordeaux INP has played an active role in the Bordeaux region through its strong ties with research organisations of excellence and the socio-economic world.
*(with University of Bordeaux, Bordeaux Montaigne University, Arts et Métiers ParisTech, CNRS and INRA.)
Strong local ties
On the Bordeaux campus, Bordeaux INP plays an active role in shaping the landscape of higher education, research and innovation at all levels — local, regional, national and international.
The strong local ties developed through the Bordeaux Campus and Bordeaux INP's active participation in all aspects of the site's policy (training, research, transfer, student life etc.) are evidenced by large-scale projects such as IdEx: a programme for excellence initiatives that aims to create world-class multidisciplinary research and higher education centres in France. The Bordeaux campus is among the 3 French campuses of excellence accredited as of today.
& A national network
Bordeaux INP is a member of the Groupe INP, which includes Grenoble INP, Lorraine INP and Toulouse INP.
The Groupe INP is the largest network of public engineering graduate schools in France: one out of six engineers in France graduated from an INP school. It has an integrated preparatory course, La Prépa des INP (preparatory course), and is renowned for its engineering programmes, research, transfer and close partnership relationships.
- More than 30 public engineering graduate schools with 22,500 students
- 4 European hub cities : Bordeaux, Grenoble, Nancy, Toulouse
- 1 integrated preparatory class : La Prépa des INP
- Exchange programmes (1 to 2 semesters at another school within the group)
- Professional network of over 119,000 alumni in activity
- Excellent employment rate
- 1 out of every 7 engineers in France graduated from an INP Group school
- 58% sign a contract before leaving the school
- 1 month to find their 1st job
- - 87 research laboratories
- Nearly €55 million in research contracts annually
- Nearly 5,400 publications a year
- 248 patent applications filed over the last 3 years
- 32 doctoral schools
- - 1,260 cooperation agreements with prestigious foreign universities
A unique range of disciplines in France
The 30 graduate schools in the Groupe INP train expert engineers and prepare them for the challenges facing key industries:
- energy and energy transition
- materials of the future
- agri-food industry
- life sciences
- land-based resources
- digital technology of the future
- IT etc.
The creation of the Groupe INP expresses a shared vision and a common aim to offer training programmes in step with scientific and technological advances.